Changing keyboard layouts (repost)

Not being aware of the "thread-steling" thing before, I'm reposting my message
on a new thread (I hope it's okay...)

I'm using kde 3.1.2 with kxkb setup for hebrew and english. I just bought
a new keyboard with some extra buttons (play, stop, etc.). I've created a
xmodmap file to get the keys working but everytime I switch between keyboard
layouts that xmodmap modifications get erased and I need to run xmodmap
again. Is there a way to make permanent changes to the layouts of both hebrew
and english in kxkb?

TIA, Tal