Re: Clarification on just what the kde metapackages are (was: kdeprint depends on efax)

On Monday 26 May 2003 10:48, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:
> On Friday 23 May 2003 11:22, David Goodenough wrote:
> > As an aside it is a shame that Debian does not have the concept of a
> > removal meta-package. [...]
> >
> > The alternative would be an option on apt-get remove which said to go
> > down the tree and remove everything that this depends on that nothing
> > else depends on (and is not essential).  But that could do too deep down
> > the tree.
>
> apt-get remove xxx, followed by 'orphaner -a' has always taken care of this
> problem for me.
>
> -- vbi

Well now that I look at orphaner (and deborphaner come to that) it would
indeed seem to do what I need.  Maybe I had not asked the right question
before, but I had not come across this package.

It is a shame that this is not directly part of apt-get.

Thanks

David