Re: KDE 3 in sarge ? ? ?

Am Samstag, 24. Mai 2003 21:02 schrieb Nathanael Nerode:
> Any clue on when kde3 might make it into sarge?  It looks like it's
> being held up by cupsys (bugs) and openldap2 (lotsa bugs).  I don't even
> understand what those packages do, or I'd help fix them. :-(

To get a nice overview (URL from last DWN):
http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=kdebase

And I hope a cupsys (common unix printing system) prerelease NEVER makes it to
testing (I'd rather file a stopping bug). After the samba maintainer, the
cupsys maintainer's gone insane, too? There are better ways to test cups
1.1.19 prerelease whatever than in official debian package :-( (e.g. debian
experimental).
LDAP support might be important, though and I'm not sure that 2.0.xx is
sufficient).

HS

        oder über pgp.net