Re: howto upgrade to kde 3.1.1a

On Sonntag, 18. Mai 2003 04:06, Gezim H wrote:
> Hi, I upgraded to kde 3.1.1a by adding:
> deb http://download.us.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/latest/Debian stable main
> and then I did "apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade"
> but when it installed it didn't look very satisfying, things like Koffice,
> games ,etc. were missing, when I tryed downloading kdevelop manually, by
> "apt-get install kdevelop"  it says:
> Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
>   kdevelop: Depends: kdelibs3 (>= 4:2.2.2-1) but it is not going to be
> installed
>             Depends: kdebase-libs but it is not going to be installed
> E: Sorry, broken packages
>
> then I try doing "apt-get install kdelibs3" which eareses all of my kde
> then I keep doing this loop.
>
> My question is:
> Is there a tutorial or a clean way to install kde 3.1.1a with everything in
> it, thus avoiding all this trouble?

apt-get remove --purge kdelibs3*

will remove all KDE 2.2 applications. kdelibs3 -> kdelibs-2.2.2, kdelibs4 ->
kdelibs-3.1.2.

If you want KDE 3.1, you need to remove all KDE 2 apps because KDE 2 and KDE 3
interfere with each other when both are installed in /usr (which is what is
used as the prefix for KDE on Debian).

Ralf

> Thanks a lot,
>
> Zim