konqueror java support fails again

hello all,
thanks for your answers on my problem. I put in Konqueror:
path to java executable: /usr/local/j2re1.4.1/bin/java
and the previous error disappeared, but when trying a java application I only
got :' loading applet ' and nothing more.
I tried a different java machine, installing debian package j2re1.3 from
blackdown, and the result is different but equally useless: I get a konqueror
crash. My path to java executable is now: /usr/lib/j2se/1.3/bin/java.
ciuff ciuff the little train...

--
saluti,  Mauro

On this machine no Windows system survives and LINUX POWER reigns UNLIMITED.