fixed font problems KDE 3.1.0

Hi,

this is not completely specific to debian-kde, but I at the moment I
don't want to subscribe to kde list. I recompiled my KDE 3.1.0 using
konstruct last weekend because gcc-3.2 entered testing. Before I had
gcc-2.95. Now I got several problems, the most important is the false
display of fixed fonts like misc fixed or unifont. In konsole these have
additional whitespace between the chars, whereas in konqueror there is
to little space. Lucida console works fine. I don't know how to solve
this problem, as I did not change anything with fonts in X11, in fact
every other xTerminalemulator (Eterm, xterm, multi-gnome-terminal) show
misc fixed right, even under KDE. I already tried the font's from the
xfonts-konsole package from unstable, but these do not really work, I
only got 1 font in 1 size with these :(

Another thing is that KDE seems to forget a bit about sessions, The
terminals are sometimes started on the false desktop and if galeon
crashes and I restart it all windows are on the same desktop (I move
some to other desktops).

If you need any further info please ask.

Andreas

--
Chess tonight.