Re: Konqueror can not handle HTML

---Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 00:41:39 +0100---
Since I've upgraded to KDE 3.1 (Karolina) I got the following message when I
open a HTML file with konqueror while in file browsing or ftp mode:

"There appears to be a configuration error. You have associated Konqueror with
text/html, but it can't handle this file type."

Web browsing works fine.

With google I've found some more messages from people having a similar problem
but no solution. And they are some month old and not related to a 3.x
version.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Michael
--------------

I found a simple fix (it worked on this end, but for others ?).

Basically, the html preview setting for mime text/html was/is set to: 'Show
file in seperate viewer' (opt 2); by setting it to (opt 1) 'Show file in
embedded viewer' (with KHTML as first preferred Service) all worked. (simple
configs getcha worst).

Detailed...follow
>> konqueror : Menu> Settings > Configure Konqueror > File Associations >
+text >^ html >[tab] embedding > [opt] 'Show file in embedded viewer' >^OK
.test.
8)>-<