Re: Terminals - Comparison ?

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 04:39:02PM -0500, Peter Clark wrote:

> On Thursday 08 May 2003 03:52 pm, John Gay wrote:
>
> > Eterm is a very pretty terminal with lots of extra eye
> > candy. You can set images for the background and even
> > set transparency if you likt that sort of thing.
>
> Not to be pedantic, but konsole does this too.

Indeed, and konsole's support for transparency is better (at
least easier to configure) than gnome-terminal's.  In
particular, I like to use a transparent background, but I
like it to be muted nearly white, regardless of the color of
the desktop background image.

gnome-terminal allows the transparent background easily to
be shaded, but only toward black.  Perhaps there is a way to
hack a config file with vi in order to get gnome-terminal to
do what I want.  But konsole let's me get the right behavior
from the standard control interface.

--
Thomas E. Vaughan   (303) 939-6386   Ball Aerospace, Boulder