Re: Terminals - Comparison ?

On Thursday 08 May 2003 03:52 pm, John Gay wrote:
> Konsole is the standard shell for KDE. It's very useful, including the
> ability to open several terminals in one window using tabs to access them.
>
> Eterm is a very pretty terminal with lots of extra eye candy. You can set
> images for the background and even set transparency if you likt that sort
> of thing.
	Not to be pedantic, but konsole does this too. Of course, some people like to
have borderless consoles (usually monitoring /var/log/messages or something)
sitting on their desktop; for that, aterm is usually the best, in that it
offers the transparency and image control of both konsole and eterm without
the extra weight.
	Eterm does have "themes," so that you can change the menus and whatnot, but
the only advantage I can see for this is with IRC or ssh sessions, in which
case konsole has its bookmarks.
	:Peter

--
Oh what a tangled web they weave who try a new word to conceive!