Re: Konqueror running out of memory

On Monday 05 May 2003 17:05, Jo Voordeckers wrote:
> Op maandag 5 mei 2003 19:19, schreef Russell Coker:
> > After yesterday's update to Debian/unstable Konqueror keeps running out
> > of memory and crashing on all web sites.  Has anyone else noticed this?
> >
> > Local browsing of HTML files seems OK.
>
> Same here... kernel kills konqueror ... memoryleak somewhere?
>
> I'm running a mixed Sarge with KDE from KDE.ORG for Woody and Gnome 2.2
> from Unstable and some (very little) other (mostely Gnome related) stuff
> from Unstable.  It also happened here after updating... not upgrading to
> KDE/Unstable.

Just joined to discuss Konq misbehaviour.  I am wondering if what I'm
expereincing is related to this thread. Here's what I posted on the main list:

My system (x86 Woody kept updated and upgraded) just locked.  Mouse pointer
was move-able.  Clicks no longer worked.  Keyboard input no longer worked.

Konqueror seems to be the culprit.  Occasionally Konq flakes out and I'll
logout of KDE and log back in and things go back to normal.  This time,
things got a little out of hand.

FYI, I am running without a sound card.  KDE says sound driver will continue
using null device.

How do you tell if Konq is running out of memory?
--
Mike M.