KDE through a KVM Switch

All:

I have a newly installed Linux system running KDE that shares the monitor, mouse and keyboard through a KVM switch with another Windows XP system.  As you have guessed, the mouse under KDE goes nuts when the KVM switches to the other system and then return later back to Linux.  the Windows system is fine.  The only way to fix it is to restart X11/KDE and sometimes that is not possible since I can not get focus of the system to enter any commands to it.  Sometimes I have no choice but to power-cycle the system which I really hate to do.

Is there anyway to configure Linux/KDE to make the mouse behavior properly?

P.S.  I am a Linux rookie for about one week now and have a lot to learn about it.

Much thanks,

David Effa
david.effa@abbott.com