Re: Problems with Kppp of Ralf's

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 12:31:09PM +0100, Leopold Palomo Avellaneda wrote:
> A Divendres 14 Febrer 2003 11:14, Achim Bohnet va escriure:
>
> > Workaround is to add user password to /etc/ppp/{chap,pap}-secrets.
> > I had not time yet to investigate why password entry given in kppp
> > is ignored in woody KDE 3.1.
>
> I don't understand very much this. Are you telling that password entry is
> ignored i kppp in woody KDE 3.1? It works for root perfectly, but not for the
> normal users (group dip)

I can only report what happened in a long sleepless night:
I had a working setup with pon/poff for user xy.  But pppd invoked with
identical settings except dialnr/user/passwd did not work for user xy.
Shortly before getting cracy I copied the user/passwd to chap/pap-secrets and
suddenly kppp start working.

That was first time usage of kppp after almost 1.5 years so I can't tell
if this is a new problem (or just me doing something wrong).

Achim