Re: kdm still slow on startup, solutions?

Norbet,

I corrected this (as I posted earlier) by adding a missing truetype
parameter to my SID (KL debs) which is running xfs:

I added Truetype (/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Truetype) to the
catalogue = parameter  in /etc/X11/fs/config

Your reason might be a different font but it's a good place to start
if you are running xfs or xft.

Michael

Michael Hoodes         http://www.hoodes.com            Seattle, WA