Re: Rationale behind admin/debianrules (was: Qt Changes ahead - Info for package maintainers + developers)

måndagen den 10 februari 2003 14.05 skrev Mark Purcell:

> Am I missing something else by not using admin/debianrules?

I thinkthe current admin/debianrules is somewhat historical. Old versions
contains much more helper stuff, and someone stripped that off at some time.
I have my own debian/debianrules, that contains common sequences used in KDE
packages, like kind of special dh_xxx templates for KDE on debian. I also
keep compiler flags for different architectures and such stuff there. The end
result is that the debian/rules file becomes as simple as for normal simple
package.
The good thing with this is that when something of that need changing, like
switches of C++ compiler, compiler flags etc., there often is no need for
changes in the rules file. Ideally such a file should be kept with
kdelibs-dev (or whatever it is named), and stores somewhere, but I have no
control over that.

Karolina