Re: Debian sid packages for kde3.1

torsdagen den 6 februari 2003 07.11 skrev Kevin J Poorman:

> As a current user of Karolinas 3.1 debs do you have any idea if the
> upgrade will be smooth? possible? etc? If you have the .deb's mirrored
> somewhere I'd be more than willing to test the migration procedure and
> report back.

You have to remove my packages, and install the SID ones. They are not
compatible, since they are compiled with different incompatible compilers.
Actually, you should remove all KDE packages and applications, since the SID
packages are not compatible with anything previous. It might be that Ralfs
packages automatically gets removed, but I would not count on it.

The reason I can't be compatible or even upgradable is that I had no idea what
the SID packages will be when I made mine. Even some package names have
changed a few times now. And the debian KDE team has clearly announced that
they won't provide upgradability from anything else than KDE 2.2, so there
you have it.

Karolina