can konq open text files in embed mode.

Hey,
Whenever I open text files in konqueror, it launches kate and opens the text
file in a new window. This is really annoying. I quite like looking at the
files in kate, but not if that means cluttering up my screen with new
windows. Is there anyway to set konqueror up to embed the files in the
konqueror window?

I had ark installed for a while and it did that - though I had to remove it
because there was no way of saving zip files once they were embedded in the
window (and saveas doesn't work if you get the file through a redirect and
automatic d/l).

am i gonna have to remove kate too?