Questions about language-env

Hi

Many thanks to Tomohiro (the maintainer of the Debian language-env package)
for all your great work to make life easier for non english speaking people.

My mother tongue is german and my wife is from Korea. I had no big problems to
use neither german nor pure korean until I downloaded the (unofficial) KDE
3.1 packages from a mirror of ftp.kde.org.

It seems that the new kdm version does not source the $HOME/.xsession file
changed by set-language-env. Does somebody know which files are still sourced
after starting a KDE session? Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

On the other sides I would appreciate if language-env could distinguish some
different uses, as my wife and me would like to be able run all programs
under the german language, using swiss-german keyboards, monetary and date
formats but be able to input and view korean text. I manually achieve this by
writing small scripts like this:
>export LANG=de_CH
>export XMODIFIERS=@im=Ami
>export LC_CTYPE=ko_KR.eucKR
>ami &
>kmail &
I know that there are a lot of possible combinations using LANG, LC_MONETARY,
LC_CTYPE et al. but I think there a few combinations make sense for people
having a primary and one or more secondary languages. May one could add a
"expert" or "multilingual" option to language-env to make everybody happy.

And it really is easy for me to offer also french menus and programs to my
daugthers living in the french speaking part of switzerland.

Best regards

--
Niklaus Giger
Wieshoschet 6