Re: kdelibs compile crashes - dependency on Xinerama_pic

>  This thread exists because what you describe (and what the earlier
>  user has done) does not actually result in a Debian installation.
>
>  If you spend some time in #debian you'd get a feel for the kind of
>  bizarre problems that knoppix users experience when they make the
>  mistake of thinking these two things are the same.  Knoppix and
>  Debian are both beautiful things - but the same things, they are not.
>
>  Jedd.

This is a re-post in paraphrase, because I stupidly replied to jedd directly
(sorry jed!)

So, what would be the procedures to downgrade a knoppix install to sarge/sid?
If there are weird problems (none of which I've had yet, in two months) I'd
rather correct them before they manifest then have to fix afterwords.  Surely
the only solution is not to do a hdd wipe and reinstall via the sarge beta
installer or the new anaconda beta installer, I should be able to
just ?downgrade? my knoppix install to standard debian.

Anyone know the specific differences in packages and repositories between a
vanilla debian sarge/sid and knoppix?

thanks. and sorry again for the direct reply.

jaz