Fw: Re: kdelibs compile crashes - dependency on Xinerama_pic

> On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 02:23:21PM +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 11:10:54AM +0500, John Bro wrote:
>
> > | It STILL fails due to a dependency on Xinerama_pic.
>
> > Actually I think I know what's cuasing this.  You need to have xlibs-pic
> > installed.  I'd've thought that kdelibs would build-depend on this, but
> > it doesn't seem to.  (This is an FTBFS bug, right?)

> libqt3-mt-dev depends on xlibs-pic so kdelibs just pulls it in via that.

> Chris

This is weird... I don't seem to have it.

 $ apt-cache policy libqt3-mt-dev
  libqt3-mt-dev:
   Installed: (none)
   Candidate: 3:3.2.1-6
   Version Table:
     3:3.2.1-6 0
        500 http://ftp.debian.org testing/main Packages
        990 http://ftp.debian.org unstable/main Packages

And I ran the build-dep thing first, too!
Just exactly where is Xinerama_pic supposed to reside
anyway?  (Google isn't finding me much relevant stuff..)

Again, it's not that I really WANT to compile kdelibs,
I'm just trying to get (many of) my KDE apps to stop crashing with the same complaints about libpthread and kdecore..

--John

ps. Chris, sorry I posted this directly to you instead
of the list.. ;(

Check out the latest SMS services @ http://www.operamail.com, which allows you to send SMS through your mailbox.