e.g. kfm/Konqueror/KPilot/ControlCenter, and others

[New Thread 16384 (LWP 28361)]

...0x4100fbb8 in waitpid () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
#0  0x4100fbb8 in waitpid () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
#1  0x406e8c10 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.4
#2  0x40647f1c in KCrash::defaultCrashHandler(int) ()
    from /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.4

I was encouraged to compile the libs for myself,
so I upgraded everything to the latest unstable
(nothing changed), got the source for
   kdelibs4,
ran apt-get build-deps, installed'em,
tried to compile, with

  dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -uc -b

and choked on Xinerama.

Since, if I understand correctly, Debian is not
supporting Xinerama, why is it there by default
when you do 'dpkg-buildpackage  -b'
does it default to --with-Xinerama ??

I then tried to tweak the configure script
as well as the aclocal and acinclude.mp4 files
to eliminate Xinerama*, but...

It STILL fails due to a dependency on Xinerama_pic.
Where is this coming from? What can I do ???
(and how do you pass a param (like --without-Xinerama)
through dpkg ?)

Kernel: 2.4.22-xfs (from knoppix),
Mboard:a Shuttle AK31,
CPU: AMD Athlon Tbird 1.2G