Cannot remote login with X

Dear all.

I've posted this earlier at comp.os.linux.misc and didn't get an answer.
Since I think its a KDE problem I thought I'd try it here. I hope I'm not
offtopic.

Yesterday evening I updated my debian testing system using dselect (2.4.21
kernel). This morning I found out I cannot remote login with my x-server. I
get as far as the KDE login screen, when I type in my name and press enter,
it crashes. I'm reluctant to logout locally; no doubt I won't be able to
login
again. Logging in with ssh works fine.

I tried solving the problem by looking at the log files and googling for a
solution. Alas I did not succeed.

In /var/syslog is says:
Oct 15 14:55:38 nadir kdm[342]: Unknown session exit code from manager
process
Oct 15 14:55:38 nadir kdm_greet[29366]: Can't read from core

/var/kdm.log gives every time I try to login:
-tpd00114610: relocation error: /lib/libnss_compat.so.2: symbol
__nss_lookup_function, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file libc.so.6
with link time reference

My libc6 version is: 2.3.2-7
My KDE version is 2.2.2

Any help is appreciated,