Re: Without Java

On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 07:24:59AM +0100, Alan Chandler wrote:
> I notice that the kdebase/debian/rules file has been set up to always use the
> --without-java switch
>
> What exactly does this do, and is this why my konqueror always seems to fail
> on sites that use java?

I am not sure what this does, David Pashley added it to the rules file in
rev 1.224 for some reason. Of course for you to be able to use java you
also have to install the Sun JRE, which is not packaged officially by
Debian due to it being non-free. However, you can download debs from the
Blackdown website.

http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/kdebase/debian/rules?rev=1.224&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&sortby=date

Chris