Re: POLL: what's your favourite font under KDE 3?

On Tue 14 Oct 2003 10:29 am, Frank Mehnert wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 October 2003 18:05, Andrea Cavaliero wrote:
> > I'm lookin for a good font under KDE3. I am currently using Bistream
> > Vera, but it doesn't look good (the bold is too bold) when auto-hinting
> > is enabled.
> >
> > So.. what's your favourite font?
> >
> > Andrea
>
> "Verdana" (proportional) and "Andale Mono" (monospaced) respectively.
>
> Frank

That's what I use too.  The disadvantage, of course, it that these fonts were
brought to you by that big software company from Redmond.  They do look sharp
though.  It takes a lot of work to create a font and hint it correctly so it
doesn't get mangled at smaller sizes.

Doug