Re: Does KDE really support XRender?

On Saturday 11 October 2003 13:24, Ricardo Galli shaped the electrons to
> > just to render a simple button.
> I read that there is some devlopment in this area... don't remember the
> name.  Meanwhile try:
> - http://www.realvnc.com/
> - ssh forwarding with compreession

Sorry, incomplete massage sent due to a bad combination of keys in

I was writing that X protocol wasn't designed for low bandwidth network,
not for the amount of events and redraws produced by KDE or Gnome. I've
read few days ago of a project dedicated to solve thie problems in the
server side. It's not only about compression but also image and windows
buffering in the server.

  ricardo galli       GPG id C8114D34