What's current status of KDE in Sid?
Looking at the debian kde wiki page, it's ambiguous what the status is.
1) There is no "status" indicator.
2) There are instructions for installing for sid, which would seem to imply
that it is available.
3) An rc bug (qt-x11-free) is mentioned, but this doesn't necessarily imply
that a kde _install_ would fail.
4) "latest info" indicates a 68k build problem, but, again, this doesn't
necessarily imply that a kde install would fail (for my system: intel x86)
>From the debian kde mailing list I see:
Re: Big trouble with libqt3
From: Linus Gasser
reading the rest of the list you can see that there are quite some troubles
for now with kde in unstable. Personally I'm running kde on stable, and it
works very well.
On my pentium system w/ a minimal Sid + minimal gnome (gnome installed cause
kde wouldn't install) I get:
# apt-get install kde-core
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
that package should be filed.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
kde-core: Depends: kdebase but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages
1) Can I somehow get or force to get a minimal working KDE system on my Sid
2) Perhaps by pinning or something & installing from testing, or stable?
3) If there's no way to get a minimal Sid install working right now, what is
the eta for when KDE will be installable into Sid? (And, what are the major
tasks needed for that to happen?)
Thanks for all the great work! :)
PS: Putting the ETA on the debian kde wiki would be a wonderful addition to
that page! :)
Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Shopping - with improved product search