Re: konqueror: open http://sample.txt without kwrite ???
- To: debian-kde mailing list <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: konqueror: open http://sample.txt without kwrite ???
- From: Eric Christopherson <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 20:47:37 -0500
- Message-id: <20030805014737.GB18194@localhost>
- Mail-followup-to: Eric Christopherson <firstname.lastname@example.org>, debian-kde mailing list <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <20030805012504.GL22556@Bragi.private.network>
- References: <20030805012504.GL22556@Bragi.private.network>
On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 08:25:04PM -0500, Michael D. Schleif wrote:
> Since I upgraded to kde3, when I try to browse to a document that ends
> with *.txt, I always get this:
> Open 'http://helices...ume/mds_resume.txt' using 'KWrite'?
> [Save As] [Open] [Cancel]
> All I want to do is view an ASCII text file in konqueror ;<
> What do you think?
You need to go into your file associations. For example, go to Control
Center > KDE Components > File Associations (although this might be
different depending on which specific version of KDE 3 you are using). Then
hit the + sign next to 'text' to expand the list of text file types. Under
"Left Click Action" choose "Show file in embedded viewer".
Furrfu! r a k k o at c h a r t e r dot n e t