Re: depending on dh-make (was: different kde_htmldir)

Kevin Krammer writes:

  Kevin> On Wednesday 14 May 2003 23:12, Bruce Sass wrote:
  >> KDE should recognize stuff under /usr/local.
  >>
  >> <more reasons to support /usr/local ootb> Afaict there is no
  >> place for an admin to make global mods to KDE.  I have
  >> some-editor.desktop files I'd love to be used in preference to
  >> the ones KDE supplies; putting them under /usr gets them
  >> overwritten next upgrade, using kappfinder gets everyone their
  >> own copy in .kde (and the sysadmin loses control of the
  >> contents).

  Kevin> You can specify any number of directories in KDEDIRS KDE will
  Kevin> look trough all of them before looking in KDEHOME

  Kevin> Im not sure about the search oder thougj. I think the first
  Kevin> entry has top precedence.

Well, yes, but if the default installation sets all the normal dirs (
/usr, /usr/local and /usr/local/kde ) as prefixes, then users would no
longer have trouble with KPart applications not finding their
libraries, other apps not finding icons etc.

cheers
domi

--
Good night to spend with family, but avoid arguments with your mate's
new lover.