Re: How to paste Chinese text from Emacs to other X apps in KDE3

Yang Shouxun wrote:

Dear debian users,

I used to be able to paste Chinese texts from Emacs to other X apps until upgrading to KDE3 last year via setting "set-selection-coding-system" to "chinese-iso-8bit-with-esc".

I get western characters (ASCII >127) rather than correct Chinese characters when copying Chinese text in Emacs (actually Emacs21) in KDE3.1.

Any comments are welcome!

I have the same problem! I solved it temporarily by saving the file and open it in KWord, which lets me to choose the encoding. But this is too anoying! I'll be glad if someone can solve this :-)
Thanks
Petr