Re: Using a single browser window...

On Sun, 27 Apr 2003 10:29:50 -0400, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:

>On Sun 27 April 2003 08:08 am, Vladimir Wiedermann wrote:

>I'm using Debian Sarge and Konqueror is v2.2.2.
>
>If it's easy, I'd like to upgrade to KDE 3 if that will give me a better
>system all around. Can someone tell me the sources.list entries for KDE3 and
>the steps to do the upgrade?

I upgraded from the KDE 2.2.2 in Woody to KDE 3.1 using Ralf Nolden's
unofficial Woody debs, and it was mostly painless (but note that I use
Woody, not Sarge).  Ralf's debs are now hosted at kde.org, and are at
version 3.1.1 - you can apt-get them using :

  deb http://download.kde.org/stable/3.1.1/Debian stable main

NB: I haven't yet upgraded my KDE 3.1 to 3.1.1, but am preparing to do
so.  KDE 3.1.1(a ?) is required to get all the security fixes
applicable to KDE 3 - but there may be some issues with kdm, and fonts
- you should search the archives of this list to see what other people
have been reporting.

For advice on the upgrade steps see David Pashley's FAQ at
  http://www.davidpashley.com/debian-kde/faq.html
(but it doesn't seem to be completely up to date - e.g. it doesn't
reflect that Ralf's debs have moved), or the archives of this list.

HTH
Nick Boyce
Bristol, UK
--
Boycott Amazon till they relent on the 1-click software patent
- http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/amazon.html