sessreg before Kde starts

Hi,

since I tried to install Quanta (html-editor) I have no chance to login
to kde and strangly NO icons for kde in gnome (means they are not
pictured in its bar)
BUT I can use all of them and Qunata is working fine, too.

I get the following after my gdm login:

  /etc/gdm/PreSession//Default: Registering your session with wtmp and
utmp
   /etc/gdm/PreSession//Default: running: sessreg -a -w /var/log/wtmp
-u/var/log/utmp -x "/var/lib/gdm/:0.Xservers" -h " " -l :0 lasius
   +WM=kde2
   +cd /dev/null/home/lasius/.kde2-errors
   +chmod 600 /home/.kde2-errors
   +exec

What happened? What to do?

I am working on a dell laptop Inspiron 5000e within debian woody
2.2.20-idepci. gdm2, kde2, gnome2.2..

thx and be well
j:ork