Trouble with KDM

Hello list,

I experienced something strange on my notebook with sid and KDE 3.1.1. It's configured to autologin to a certain user and thus I never see the KDM-Login except I switch to another user.
Today the system did not switch to the KDM login-screen but showed a black screen for a while (not the regular screen you get if you logout to kdm), obviously tried to initialise something and logged in to my default account again. Even killing the xserver (ctrl-alt-backspace) and rebooting/shutting down/power off the machine several times did not change this behaviour. After some time of work on my default account I tried it again (power off/restart) and everything was fine again : ( Thus there is no problem at the moment, but I do not really like this "windows"-behaviour.

Any ideas what went wrong today? Any experience with similar problems?

Thanks a lot. Have a nice and sunny day : )

Norab