Adding A Device in KPPP's Modem Device Combo Box

Hi,

I have woody with KDE 3.1.1 installed in my laptop.
My modem is a winmodem which works with hcflinmodem driver.
It is named /dev/ttySHCF0 in the system. In order to use it in kppp, I
created a symbolic link, /dev/modem, pointing to that device.
The problem is that the link is always altered to /dev/ttyS1 everytime
when I plug in a combo card (LAN + Modem).

Is there any workaround to this problem?
My immediate thought was to use the device's name directly but it's not
displayed in kppp's modem device combo box.

Yuhanes