Re: libqt3 3.1.2 breaking kicker

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 14:39:26 -0800
Steve Dunham <dunham@cse.msu.edu> wrote:

> On Tuesday 25 March 2003 21:04, Ralf Nolden wrote:
>
> > If you're using woody why did you recompile qt-3.1.2 at all ? You
> > could have used my set of debs which seems to work quite ok
> > everywhere.
>
> > The only thing that I know where kicker can cause problems was
> > lately a report about a fully transparent background image set in
> > kicker.
>
> I'm getting reproducible kicker hangs on my laptop.  Managed to
> narrow it down to the following:
>
> If I click on my xterm icon on the klicker panel, it wedges till
> the xterm exits. (It wedges with the icon still zoomed.)
>
> It turns out that this happened because I changed the konsole icon
> on kicker to start xterm.  Despite any indication in the
> preferences panel, the desktop file had:
>   X-DCOP-ServiceType=Multi
> in it, which makes kicker wedge until the program exits.
>
> Dunno if this is the same issue, though.

No idea... But at my machine, these errors are reproduceable and
appear without any clicks :( ; the problem doesn't appear with libqt
3.1.1. For now, I've recompiled kdelibs and kdebase to use libqt
3.1.1; I'm a bit short on time right now but when I have time I'll
try to investigate it further.

Cheers,

Stephan