Re: Outstanding KDE3.1 problems

Michael Peddemors wrote:
Not sure what your/the problem is but, I have no problem using smb://wizard
Using stable with Nolden sources.. 3.1.1

konqueror:
An error occured while loading smb://wido:
Could not start process Unable to create io-slave:
klauncher said: Error loading 'kio_smb'.

I get the same thing here.  Something is broken, methinks...  The smb
browsing was working in KDE 2.2.2, but has been broken for me since my
upgrade to KDE 3.1.  I am using the packages in SID and from Chris
Cheney's personal site.

I just upgraded everything to KDE 3.1.1 from "unstable" tonight plus added the libsmbclient package and everthing seems to be working OK now! Whatever the "problem" was seems to have been fixed now. Dunno exactly what fixed it...

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-