kio_audiocd

I'm running debian sarge with kde 3.1 stable downloaded from kde.org. It
turns out I can not make kio_audiocd work.

I've tried searching my logs my could not find anything to point me in
the right direction.

All I get is

An error occured while loading audiocd:/:
Could not start process Unable to create io-slave:
klauncher said: Error loading 'kio_audiocd'.

I was able to install the package without a problem but I can not run it
in konqueror nor kaudiocreator.
I've checked the permitions to access the cdrom and everything is in
order, kaudiocreator can read it, but when I press rip it outputs that
error message.

Has anyone experienced the same problem?

Tiago Bilou

--
Tiago Bilou aka VoRtEx
http://alunos.di.uevora.pt/~l15243