Re: KDE woody debs on CD ?

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 10:06:09AM +0100, Ralf Nolden scrawled:
> I'd like to ask around wether people would be interested in buying a CD with
> my woody debs that can be used with apt-cdrom add and then install the whole
> stuff on a stock woody system.
>
> The reason for this question is that a) it's a tremendous amount of work and
> b) I can argument with my boss that I need to continue that work :-) and c)
> we could support the KDE e.V. who is running the KDE servers and providing
> the services for KDE as well as organizing meetings (like the big developer
> meeting planned for August this year) with the money.
>
> I mean, you could make direct contributions here:
>
> http://www.kde.org/support/support.php
>
> but a CD and/or a CD ISO image in exchange wouldn't be too bad either.

Hi Ralf!
I'd just like to say that that's an excellent idea. I personally
wouldn't get it (I run sid at home, and work uses sarge, with a fair few
backports), but I think it's a great idea, especially if KDE e.V. is
involved.

Thanks for all your work, and good luck!
:) d

--
Daniel Stone                                     <dstone@trinity.unimelb.edu.au>
Developer, Trinity College, University of Melbourne