Re: Laptop blues

Hello all,

replying to my own thread, because i think, i've found my
mistake now...

Now, after i did another (of several) re-installs, my ascii-consoles
(ALT-CTRL-F1...6) and my grafics-screen (ALT-CTRL-F7) are working
properly (i hope).

When at installation time the kernel-driver include part comes,
i had installed the ati128-something driver before, which i now
did not. Also, when configuring the xserver, before i tried to
use "ati", now i'm using "vesa"...

Additionally with the recent kde-3.1.1 and qt-3.1.2 packages from Ralf
the "fixed width" problem of kdm is solved for me too. So i'm
nearly happy now :)

With regards,

Bernt Christandl