Re: kdepim-dev file-conflict with kpilot

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 March 2003 01:06, Chris Cheney wrote:
> > On a related note those files shouldn't really be verisoned at all since
> > they can only be accessed via dlopen, similiarly to the kicker applets.
> > That is probably the reason I put them in kpilot as I did, since when
> > they eventually get corrected only the .la and .so will remain. I wonder
> > if someone could fix that in cvs...
>
> you're having kde modules in /usr/lib/kde3/* that are versioned. Could you
> evaluate if you could remove the versioning as it seems that that isn't
> necessary ? Dirk could help you check if our assumptions are correct and if
> you can change the Makefile.am's accordingly.

Quite right. Those are plugin modules, accessed through KLibLoader, and
the Makefile.am hasn't changed in over a year:

1.20         (adridg   18-Dec-01): libnullconduit_la_SOURCES =
setup_base.ui null-conduit.cc null-factory.cc

This is a case of the infrastructure changing over the years and me not
noticing it. I'll change it to whatever y'all need, but I'll need a hint.
Actually, looking at the KOrganizer plugins, the main difference I see is

libkorg_holidays_la_LDFLAGS = -module $(KDE_PLUGIN)

Is that what's needed?

--
 Adriaan de Groot    adridg@cs.kun.nl     Kamer A6020     024-3652272
GPG Key Fingerprint 934E 31AA 80A7 723F 54F9  50ED 76AC EE01 FEA2 A3FE