Re: KDE Usability survey

>On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 01:23:36AM +0100, Frank Van Damme scrawled:
>> Could you elaborate on the ICE-unix trick?? And wasn't kwrited a text
editor?

>Making the .ICE-unix directory owned by root.root makes things run a lot
>faster, IPC-wise, and kwrite is the text editor - kwrited is a daemon to
>handle writes between users (think: write(1)).

This is good to know. So, chown root:root /tmp/.ICE-unix directory will
increase system performance?

What about removing kwrited and Klipper? Are these safe changes for speed
improvements?

What are some of the other 'well known tricks' to improve performance on
lighter hardware? I'm compiling a full KDE-3.1 desktop system from scratch
on a 200mHz PentiumMMX with 196M memory for my daughter so I'd like to get
as much speed improvements as possible ;-)

>-d
>
>--
>Daniel Stone

Cheers,