Re: How do i setup shortcuts (via keys) to start applications?

Maybe you would like to give the hotkeys package a chance. That's what I use
andI like it very much!. It's apt-get-able, features a nice on-screen display
and knows some common keyboards out of the box so you don't have to mess with
xmodmap.

In order to make it work with KDE you just have to put a link to
/usr/bin/hotkeys in your Autostart directory, so that the daemon gets started
each time you start your KDE session.

--Felix