How do i setup shortcuts (via keys) to start applications?

I am looking into starting applications via my hotkeys on my laptop keyboard, using xmodmap. The keys are working. For instance volume up, down and mute/un-mute has shortcuts mapped into KMix. What I am after though is to map my (web, email and media) keys to start applications. Like Mozilla, Evolution, and xmms.

Does anyone know how to do this. I looked into kde “look and feel” shortcuts, but it does not look like I can add any new shortcuts. Can I add shortcuts using kde, or must I use 3rd party applications to launch applications from my shortcuts? Does anyone know of any 3rd party applications?