Keyboard problem

Hi. I've a little problem here...

I just upgraded to XFree86 4.3 packages from Ralf, and I just noticed the
keyboard doesn't behave the way it is supposed to anymore. Let me explain:

I use an Italian pc-105 keyboard (it layout). I don't know if there are other
layouts with this "feature" around, but with this one it is necessary to hit
Alt(Right)+key to print several symbols. For example, if you want to get '@'
you need to press Alt(Right)+ò. Square and curly brackets are also typed this
way. This is how it used to work until... well, until 20 minutes ago :(.

Now the problem: after I upgraded XFree86 to 4.3, this doesn't work anymore.
(i.e. I had to cut-and-paste the above '@' from another window). Does anyone
know how to fix it?

thanks and regards

-Mario