tooltips not showing with kde 2.2.2

Hi. I tryed unstable and kde 3.1 in my laptop but didn't liked it as the
icons seem harder to see in lcd's, and decided to revert to stable.

After downgrading to kde 2.2.2 I notisted that the icons from my taskbar
did not show up tooltips (I've only notisted this after using kde 3.1,
where they worked, but I had 2.2.2 before the upgrade and I think they
already didn't worked at the time)

Has anyone faced this before?

Btw, that's not my only problem with kde: I can't change themes, as the
theme manager always says there is no .themerc in any of the themes I
installed...

--
		        	Joao Pedro Clemente
        			jpcl @ rnl.ist.utl.pt