Re: Rethinking Qt headers (should the header packages be recombined?)

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Karolina Lindqvist wrote:

> I think the README.Debian should be more accessible, and easier to
> read. Maybe it already is, and I just don't know how to do it?

> Something needed in the KDE project would be to make such
> information easily available on a mouse-click or similar. If you run
> KDE, you are not going to open a terminal window and type in "less
> /usr/share/doc/xxx/README.Debian", or whatever.

F2 then file:/usr/share/doc/pkg  or
        xless /usr/share/doc...

or maybe kpackage

appear to be the least painful ways to get docs on demand

> Maybe the Microsoft way of popping up a folder, when installing,
> with the README file and other important information in, is not such
> a bad idea after all.

This would need to be done through debconf; and probably end up being
prioritized so it doesn't pop up unless you choose to see all the
config stuff (so it would hardly ever be seen anyways).

I did a little work quite awhile back where I was aiming for the
syntax, "seedocs <package-name>", with a list of all potential doc
files in the package being spit out.  I ended up with a scaled down
version of kpackage for the core.

- Bruce