Re: Rethinking Qt headers (should the header packages be recombined?)

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 05:44:02PM -0800, Michael Peddemors wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 February 2003 16:03, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:
>
> > I have to agree with Ben on this one.  There are more negative aspects of
> > breaking out these headers than positive.  I also think that when a user
> > (note user, not developer) wants to build a Qt based app they would assume
> > that installing the -dev package would be all they would need.  Makes
> > sense. It's not the users job to try to figure header issues out.
>
> Disagree... User's don't 'build' apps.. devleopers do, even if they might be
> beginning developers...  If it doens't compile using just -dev then it is a
> app that needs to be fixed, and they can help the debian movement by sorting
> this out :) Users barely handle apt-get :)

User's do indeed build apps.  They may not be able to do anything other than
build it, but they do build apps.  Especially when we make it easy for them
to do so.

There are alot of users who build their own kernels as well...but that doesn't
make them developers.  I for one thing would never even think of being
a kernel developer.  In that sense I am a user.  But I always build my own
kernel.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II