Re: Upgrade Woody from KDE-2.2.2 to KDE-3.1

A Dimecres 26 Febrer 2003 02:00, Ralf Nolden va escriure:

> > On his site, he only suggests this if you've installed any of the interum
> > KDE stuff. I've only ever had the Official Debian KDE2.2.2, therefore it
> > 'should upgrade cleanly.
>
> It should, but it may not do it cleanly and you'll run into conflicts

Sure you will have conflicts.

> > me. I don't want to remove it first, as I use it on a regular basis and
> > need it for my desktop.
>
> You'll get a 3.1 for it, so what do you want more ? :-)

I updated my box from 3.0.3 to 3.1 (Ralf packages) the last week. More or less
it was ok. But I can recommend you one thing for your case

I have done before an wget -k -m --no-parent
http://ktown.kde.org/~nolden/kde/dists/stable/main/binary-i386/ so, I can do
a CD mirror of ktown, and after I do a apt-cdrom.

I do this, because if something is wrong you can update, or restore without a
dialup.

Questions to Ralf:

I do the same the last week , and  I have found differences betweend the
directories /dist/stable/main/binary-i386 and /dist/woody/main/binary-i386.

It's normal?

Regards,

Leo