Upgrade Woody from KDE-2.2.2 to KDE-3.1

I've been dreading this, but here goes:

I'm going to do a full upgrade from KDE2.2.2 to KDE3.1 on my Woody system.
Since Ralfs page does not give any known issues, here is what I'm doing.

To be sure I get a Full KDE3.1 system, according to Ralf, I'm using:

debian:/home/johngay# apt-get install kdebase kdm kdenetwork kdepim
kdegraphics kdemultimedia kdeaddons kdeadmin kdeutils kdeedu kdeartwork
kdegames kdetoys koffice

Which yeilds:

Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  amor ark artsbuilder atlantik eyesapplet fifteenapplet flashkard
  gphoto2 imlib-base imlib2 kaboodle kaddressbook kalarm kalarmd
  kalzium kamera kandy kaphorism kappfinder karbon karm kasteroids
  kate kate-plugins katomic kaudiocreator kbabel kbackgammon
  kbattleship kblackbox kbounce kcalc kcharselect kchart kcmlinuz
  kcoloredit kcontrol kcpuload kcron kdat kdbg
  kdeaddons-kfile-plugins kdeadmin-kfile-plugins kdeartwork-misc
  kdeartwork-style kdeartwork-theme-desktop kdeartwork-theme-window
  kdebase-bin kdebase-data kdebase-kio-plugins kdeedu-data
  kdegames-card-data kdegraphics-kfile-plugins kdelibs-bin
  kdelibs-data kdelibs4 kdemultimedia-kfile-plugins
  kdenetwork-kfile-plugins kdepasswd kdepim-libs kdeprint kdesktop
  kdessh kdevelop kdevelop-data kdf kdict kdvi kedit keduca kenolaba
  kfax kfind kfloppy kformula kfouleggs kgeo kget kghostview
  kgpgcertmanager khangman khelpcenter khexedit kicker
  kicker-applets kiconedit kio-audiocd kit kiten kivio kjots
  kjumpingcube klaptopdaemon klettres klickety klines klipper
  kmahjongg kmail kmailcvt kmenuedit kmessedwords kmid kmidi kmines
  kmix kmoon kmplot kmrml knetload knewsticker knewsticker-scripts
  knode knotes kodo koffice-libs kolf konq-plugins konqueror
  konqueror-nsplugins konquest konsole kontour kooka korganizer korn
  koshell kpackage kpager kpaint kpat kpercentage kpersonalizer kpf
  kpilot kpoker kpovmodeler kppp kpresenter krdc krec kreversi krfb
  kruler ksame kscd kscreensaver ksensors kshisen ksim ksirc ksirtet
  ksmiletris ksmserver ksnake ksnapshot ksokoban kspaceduel ksplash
  kspread kstars ksync ksysguard ksysguardd ksysv kteatime ktimer
  ktip ktouch ktron ktuberling ktux kugar kuickshow kuser kverbos
  kview kviewshell kvoctrain kweather kwin kwin4 kword kworldclock
  kxconfig kxmlrpc libart-2.0-2 libart-2.0-dev libarts1
  libarts1-audiofile libarts1-mpeglib libarts1-xine libartsc0
  libcdk4 libexif5 libfinance-quote-perl libglib2.0-0
  libhtml-tableextract-perl libio-stringy-perl libkcal2 libkdeedu1
  libkdegames1 libkdenetwork2 libkgantt0 libkonq4 libkregexpeditor
  libkscan1 libmailtools-perl libmime-perl libmimelib1
  libnews-nntpclient-perl libqt3 libqt3-mt libtimedate-perl libwine
  libxine0 lskat megami mpeglib noatun noatun-plugins poster
  python2.2 quanta secpolicy wine wine-utils xmmsarts yaf
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  abbrowser aktion brahms kab kabalone kde kde-designer kde-games
  kde-theme-qnix kdebase-audiolibs kdebase-crypto kdebase-dev
  kdebase-doc kdebase-libs kdecarddecks kdelibs-dev kdelibs3
  kdelibs3-bin kdelibs3-crypto kdewallpapers kfract kjezz klpq
  knetfilter kpm krayon kreatecd kscore kwave libarts libarts-dev
  libarts-mpeglib libkdegames libkdenetwork1 libkmid libkmid-dev
  libkonq-dev libkonq3 libqt-dev libqt-mt-dev mplayer noteedit
  zapping
  atlantik flashkard gphoto2 imlib2 kaboodle kaddressbook kalarm
  kalarmd kalzium kamera kandy kaphorism kappfinder karbon
  kate-plugins kaudiocreator kbounce kcmlinuz kcontrol kdat
  kdeaddons kdeaddons-kfile-plugins kdeadmin kdeadmin-kfile-plugins
  kdeartwork kdeartwork-misc kdeartwork-style
  kdeartwork-theme-desktop kdeartwork-theme-window kdebase-bin
  kdebase-data kdebase-kio-plugins kdeedu kdeedu-data kdegames
  kdegames-card-data kdegraphics kdegraphics-kfile-plugins
  kdelibs-bin kdelibs-data kdelibs4 kdemultimedia
  kdemultimedia-kfile-plugins kdenetwork kdenetwork-kfile-plugins
  kdepim kdeprint kdesktop kdessh kdetoys kdeutils kdm kdvi keduca
  kenolaba kfax kfouleggs kgeo kget kgpgcertmanager khangman
  khelpcenter kicker kicker-applets kio-audiocd kiten klaptopdaemon
  klettres klickety klipper kmailcvt kmenuedit kmessedwords kmid
  kmidi kmplot kmrml knewsticker-scripts kolf konqueror-nsplugins
  kooka kpager kpercentage kpersonalizer kpf kpilot kpovmodeler kppp
  krdc krec krfb ksim ksmserver ksplash kstars ksync ksysguard
  ksysguardd ktip ktouch kuickshow kverbos kviewshell kvoctrain
  kweather kwin kxconfig kxmlrpc libart-2.0-2 libart-2.0-dev
  libarts1 libarts1-audiofile libarts1-mpeglib libarts1-xine
  libartsc0 libcdk4 libexif5 libfinance-quote-perl libglib2.0-0
  libhtml-tableextract-perl libio-stringy-perl libkcal2 libkdeedu1
  libkdegames1 libkdenetwork2 libkgantt0 libkonq4 libkregexpeditor
  libkscan1 libmailtools-perl libmime-perl libnews-nntpclient-perl
  libqt3 libqt3-mt libtimedate-perl libxine0 megami noatun-plugins
  poster python2.2 yaf
102 packages upgraded, 141 newly installed, 43 to remove and 21  not upgraded.
Need to get 87.4MB/130MB of archives. After unpacking 124MB will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

Being on a dial-up, this will be several nights before it's complete. From
checking the removes against the installs, I don't see anything going missing
that I'm not expecting, though I will miss noteedit, mainly because I've
never got Brahms to work properly before.

However, I am worried about how this will merge with my current desktop, or
not.

I realise most of the settings will be completely different, but I would like
to keep my KMail and knode access settings.

Does anyone know of any other dire consequences of this action? My other
option, that I've given a lot of thought to was to just re-build my box as an
LFS system and install KDE3.1 from source directly.

Cheers,

	John Gay