My qt misunderstandings

Hi,

I'm trying to compile the qt-gui of licq, and i'm not able to do
so. There are some problems with qt libs. I'm reading here a lot about
trouble with qt, but i'm not sure that i really understand all.

First, my sources.list (the important parts):

deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free

deb ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/Linux/debian/ sid main non-free contrib
deb-src ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/Linux/debian/ sid main non-free contrib
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US sid/non-US main contrib non-free
deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US sid/non-US main contrib non-free

deb ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian sid main contrib non-free
deb-src ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian sid main contrib non-free

deb ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-non-US sid/non-US main contrib non-free
deb-src ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-non-US sid/non-US main contrib non-free

#deb ftp://download.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.1/Debian woody main

I was reading here that KDE 3.1 is available with sid, so the last
line should not be necessary. Ok, some packages are not available with
sid, but that should not be the problem.

The actual version of qt is 3, so i looked after libqt3 first. libqt3
is NOT available with sid, so i removed the comment marks from the
kde.org line. There is libqt3 available in version
2:3.1.1+cvs.20021220-1. In the description i read: "It's necessary for
applications that link against the libqt, e.g. all KDE3 applications."
If it's necessary, why isn't it on debian.org?

I find installed libqt3-headers in version 3:3.1.1-5. Seems to be
necessary for compiling application, so it remains installed. BTW: It
recommends libqt3-mt-dev, and it replaces sames package. Seems
senseless to me.

libqt3-i18n is the same version, remains installed, dito
libqt3c102-mt.

Usually i would install libqt3-dev, but it is replaces by
libqt3-headers. So everything should be fine. I run ./configure
--with-kde for the licq-qt-gui:

checking for QT libraries... yes, lib: -lqt-mt in /usr/lib
checking for QT includes...
configure: error:

I can't find the QT header files.

Install the QT development package, or if you have them installed, override
this check with the --with-qt-includes argument, and I'll take your word for
it.

The QT development package is replaced by libqt3-headers, which
installs its files in /usr/include/qt3/. Next try:

# ./configure --with-kde --with-qt-includes=/usr/include/qt3/

from config.log:

configure:16500: checking for QT libraries
tried /usr/lib/qt3/lib/libqt-mt.so
tried /usr/lib/qt3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
tried /usr/lib/qt3/lib/libqt.so
tried /usr/lib/qt2/lib/libqt-mt.so
tried /usr/lib/qt2/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
tried /usr/lib/qt2/lib/libqt.so
tried /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so
configure:16586: result: yes, lib: -lqt-mt in /usr/lib
configure:16622: checking for QT includes
configure:16701: result: /usr/include/qt3/
configure:16730: checking for QT >= 2.1
configure:16779: g++ -o conftest  -O2 -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -Wall -I/usr/include/qt3/  -I/usr/X11R6/include  -fP
IC -DPIC -D_REENTRANT  -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/lib  conftest.cc -lqt-mt  -lSM -lICE -lX11 -lXext  >&5
In file included from configure:16756:
/usr/include/qt3/qglobal.h:710:21: qconfig.h: No such file or directory
/usr/include/qt3/qglobal.h:720:22: qmodules.h: No such file or directory
configure:16782: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
#line 16754 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

      #include <qglobal.h>

#ifdef F77_DUMMY_MAIN
#  ifdef __cplusplus
     extern "C"
#  endif
   int F77_DUMMY_MAIN() { return 1; }
#endif
int
main ()
{

      #if QT_VERSION < 210
         choke me
      #endif

  ;
  return 0;
}
configure:16802: result: no
configure:16808: error:
      Sorry, but you need QT version 2.1 or higher to compile the Qt gui plugin.

It seems to me that g++ is not failing because of a wrong version but
because of missing files qconfig.h and qmodules.h. While i read on
http://www.debian.de/distrib/packages after searching for those files
that they are contained in libqt3-headers, i can't find them in the
output of dpkg -L libqt3-headers. Where have i to get the files from?

TIA
Chris
--
Dazu paßt auch der Trend weg von der Kommandozeile: Dem Computer
*Kommandos* erteilen - nein, das geht nun wirklich nicht. Nein, *wir*