Re: Still with the QT problems ...

On Tue, 2003-02-25 at 13:40, Michael Thaler wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 01:31:44PM +0000, Andrew Ingram wrote:
>
> > Before, I could use --with-qt-dir=/usr/share/qt3 and it would at least
> > find the headers (it would bomb out due to not finding the libraries).
> > However, from the beginning of this week, a new qt3 headers package was
> > downloaded when I did an apt-get upgrade and now I have no
> > /usr/share/qt3 directory!!! (still got /usr/share/qt).
>
> I'm not sure, but when I did a apt-get update && update dist-upgrade
> yesterday, my libqt3-dev was removed. After apt-get install
> libqt3-dev, it was there again. I don't know the reason for this, but
> you might check if really all the libqt3-dev packages are really there.

Thanks very much for the advice. However, see the other post I have just
done regarding what happens when i try to install these packages. For
some reason, when I do an upgrade or dist-upgrade, the following
packages are held back:
gnome-apt gnome-control-center gnome-terminal libqt3-dev mysql-navigator
rep-gtk-gnome

I can't install these without losing almost everything else that is
installed!

TIA