Re: Still with the QT problems ...

On Tue, 2003-02-25 at 12:53, Michael Thaler wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 01:09:10PM +0100, Shane House wrote:
> > I've been trying to compile KMailCool to give it a spin (and a couple of other
> > apps as well, but why complicate things) but am still having trouble with QT.
> >
> > When I run ./configure I get this error
> >
> > checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.1 (20021021)) (headers and
> > libraries) not found. Please check your installation!
> >
> > A check of configure.log provides me with the following information:
> >
> > configure: failed program was:
> > #include "confdefs.h"
> > #include <qglobal.h>
> > #include <qapplication.h>
> > #include <qcursor.h>
> > #include <qstylefactory.h>
> > #include <private/qucomextra_p.h>
> > #if ! (QT_VERSION >= 0x030100)
> >
> > So I did a package search at debian.org and found that all of these files are
> > (allegedly) provided by libqt3-headers.
> >
> > The output of 'dpkg -l | grep qt' gives me
> >
> > ii  libqt3-headers 3.1.1-5        Qt3 header files
> >
> > Now I'm not the smartest guy in the world so maybe I've missed somethig
> > obvious, but this is starting to get frustrating. Any suggestions as to how I
> > might resolve this problem would be appreciated.
>
> Did you try
>
> ./configure --with-qt-dir=/usr/share/qt3/ --prefix=/usr
>
> This did the trick for me.

Sorry to butt in on Shane's original thread, but here is a "me too". I
have been having this trouble for a VERY long time. I haven't been able
to compile anything that needed the configure script. :-(

Before, I could use --with-qt-dir=/usr/share/qt3 and it would at least
find the headers (it would bomb out due to not finding the libraries).
However, from the beginning of this week, a new qt3 headers package was
downloaded when I did an apt-get upgrade and now I have no
/usr/share/qt3 directory!!! (still got /usr/share/qt).

I'm almost at the point of giving up. Anyone got any ideas?

TIA